Issue #290 open

P1D3::Merge during pull with update is broken in latest version

Anonymous created an issue

Version 0.9.24, if you pull changes that would result in a merge with your current code, the merge fails, a large error window displaying a lot of numbers appears and refers to a source code file (I forgot to take a screenshot but will the next time it occurs). Result is the file with the uncommitted changes is left untouched as the original file name, and the file from the changeset is renamed to .orig

Comments (11)

  1. Jason Harris repo owner
    • changed status to open

    This sounds serious but I don't know how to reproduce from the steps you have given. Could you or someone else who has experienced this please give detailed steps to reproduce this?

    Thanks! Jason

  2. Anonymous

    I've seen a similar problem. I've got P4Merge configured as the merge tool and FileMerge as the diff tool. When an updated requires a merge it's opening up Araxis, which isn't configured for either option. Araxis doesn't work for me very well as a merge tool, so the merges are causing problems.

    Definitely opens up P4Merge as expected in previous versions. Let me know if you need any more info.

  3. Anonymous

    Sorry for late response... Sounds like some others are seeing the same thing. I now have 0.9.25 and it's still doing the same thing.

    For each file that needs merging, this error string is output:

    "/Users/jclark/Library/Application Support/MacHg/AraxisScripts/araxishgmerge:475:483: script error: Expected class name but found identifier. (-2741)

    merging <filename> failed!"

    Obviously not a source code reference like I originally reported - just the araxis merge script.

    To reproduce, cause a merge to be required: commit and push a file to a remote repository, then in a separate local repository to a change that will conflict, then pull and update to the remote repository.

    I'm not sure why it's trying to use Araxis merge, as it has never been installed on this machine, nor is it selected in preferences. I've always used FileMerge, and in 0.9.23 and earlier it hasn't given errors.

    I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

  4. Lobstrosity

    Jason,

    I'm the original (and previous) poster, finally got around to making an account. Contact me if you need any more information or to try anything.

    Thanks, Jeremy

  5. Anonymous

    I have just encountered this issue, with the exact same error message.

    It happened when I had local uncommitted changes, and pulled files that had already been changed in the master repository. As far as I can tell, the changes would not conflict, and should have been handled by the normal update.

    I have the checkbox "Update after Pull" selected in the Pull screen.

    As I was working on production code, I exited MacHG and pulled/committed/pushed the changes successfully from the command line.

  6. Anonymous

    Hi there.

    I'm encountering a similar issue when doing a 'pull' with option 'rebase after pull' checked and one of the files has a conflict. MacHg presents the following error message:

    Mercurial reported error number 255: /Users/---/Library/Application Support/MacHg/AraxisScripts/araxishgmerge:475:483: script error: Expected class name but found identifier. (-2741) merging file1.text failed! abort: unresolved conflicts (see hg resolve, then hg rebase --continue)

    I'm using MacHg 0.9.25 with FileMerge set as Merge and Diff tool on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

    Cheers, Michael

  7. brichri

    I had this problem too. I use Windows at work and a mac at home and it looks like the problem was the .DS_store files on my home machine that weren't in the hg repo. For some reason MacHg wasn't able to figure it out, but they show up on the command line. I added them to hgignore and it worked.

  8. kalladan

    I also encountered same problem. This may be because of some configuration issues. I got a quick fix for that.

    In MacHg Go to Preferences->Advanced (tab)

    There will be option to edit ~/Library/Application Support/MacHg/hgrc file.

    It will open hgrc file in text editor.

    Comment configurations of all other merge tools (ie, lines from [merge-tools] to [web]) except the one you want to use (i use KDiff3, so i left it as it was) and save. Try pulling/Updating now.

    This worked for me. Hope this will help you.

    Note: to comment line add # at beginning of the line.

  9. Log in to comment