éClaircie -- Blog without clouds!
éClaircie is a 100% static blog engine. It is based on the Sphinx documentation generator. The main features are:
- Restructured Text (ReST) syntax
- multilingual support, including failback language (ex a website with translated articles in French and the other in English)
- comments by mail
- integrated search engine (from Sphinx)
- multiple themes support (per-category)
- full multimedia integration:
- image gallery with miniatures
- audio player (HTML5)
- Youtube video (with anti-tracing protection)
- RSS feed
- content generation from Python scripts
- email obfuscation
- free software (GNU GPL v3 licence)
- 100% static, cloud-less computing! With éClaircie, no need to use external services for managing comments (ex Disqus) or search (ex Google search bar). This is better because these external services proving "widgets" raise some concerns related to privacy. In fact, these widgets are often used for tracing users by the enterprises that propose them.
In French, "éclaircie" means "when the weather improves".
Compared to other static blog engines, like Pélican, éClaircie is based on Sphinx. This allows to reuse the Sphinx search engine, and also avoid to have to use two slightly different ReST engine (if you already use Sphinx for wrinting documentation).
Compared to other Sphinx-based blog engine, like Tinkerer, éClaircie acts both as a preprocessor and an extension for Sphinx. This particular architecture is mandatory for multilingual support. In addition, éClaircie only rebuild the modified pages of the blog, while Tinkerer always rebuild everything from zero, which can take long for big blogs.
If independence, control of your personal data and respect for privacy are importants to you, then éClaicie is for you!
For using éClaircie, you need: