- Oracle Application Express 5.0.2 or later
- Oracle Database 11g or later
There are two versions of the packages, one set is uninstrumented, the other set includes calls to Logger.
- Download the latest full Release (under Tags) (NOT the "tip")
- Create a workspace (e.g.
SAMPLE) with a suitable scheme (e.g.
- Run install_context.sql (substitute the owner name, e.g.
- If you have Logger installed, run install_logger.sql; if you don't have Logger installed, run install.sql
- Run f560.sql
If your schema doesn't have permission to create the context, you can still use the app but you'll need to change the Authentication Scheme to "Apex Authentication - no context".
NOTE: reports of compilation errors or other problems are welcome and invited; however, this is not intended to be a self-contained working application; the code is provided primarily for reference and example.
GENERATOR USAGE NOTES
To generate a TAPI for a new table, run this (warning: it overwrites any existing package previously created):
- table_name: the name of the table already created
begin generate.tapi(table_name => 'events'); end; begin generate.tapi(table_name => 'event_types'); end; begin generate.tapi(table_name => 'hosts'); end;