Server-side Developer Support
Each developer is usually working on a relatively small amount of code, even if whole application is huge. But sometimes, a view over the whole system is required. The server-side developer support can help in such situations by indexing the whole system inside the continuous integration and then answering developer's queries that require knowledge of the whole system.
Warning: this is work in progress.
Currently, the following features are supported (Java only):
- find class/method/field by simple name (prefix and camel case supported)
- find uses of class/method/field
- find subtypes of classes/interfaces
The server-side support integrates into the Hudson continuous integration server. Download Hudson plugin and install it into the Hudson. On first start, it will automatically download the indexer. In your jobs, add "Run Indexers" builder at the end of the build process. Currently, only projects that can be opened in the NetBeans IDE are supported.
The index then runs on
Client - NetBeans
- Add this update center to your NetBeans IDE (Tools/Plugins/Settings).
- Install the Jackpot 3.0 Remoting Kit module from the update center.
- Go to Tools/Options/Editor/Jackpot 3.0 Indices and setup a mapping between your local checkout and the Hudson server.