- Java Development Kit (JDK) (the JRE is not enough)
- Apache ANT build tool
- Mercurial source control management tool (if you plan to clone the codebase
Build the Source
- Obtain the source code by doing A or B...
- Change into the
jets3tdirectory (this directory will have a version number if you are working from a zip file.)
- You may want to adjust the
build.propertiesfile, especially the settings
- Run the default ANT target (dist) to compile and package the toolkit:
Optionally you can build specific parts of the toolkit using other ANT targets, run
ant -projecthelp for the full list of build targets. Another particularly useful target is
package which will create a distributable zip file package.