JetS3t for Developers
Welcome to the development home of the JetS3t suite. This site is for people actively involved in development or testing of the JetS3t project.
If you intend to simply use JetS3t, instead of developing it, you should visit the JetS3t Home site.
Get Started Without Compiling
- Download the latest stable release package
- Code Samples - Get up and running quickly
- Configuration Guide - Communication settings, Ignore files, JMX Instrumentation etc.
Compile the Source
- Build Instructions - How to compile the code
Help make JetS3t better, faster, stronger by contributing code, bug fixes or documentation.
The process for making contributions is:
- Create a new issue of type enahancement or bug fix
- Attach your diff/patch file to the ticket. Create these files using the
hg diffcommand on the latest codebase, or on a specific version if appropriate
- Include a brief line in the issue to state that you agree to the licensing conditions below. Something like: "I wrote this code and agree to license it under the Apache License, Version 2". Sorry, the legal stuff is boring but important.
- A member of the project team will then follow up on the ticket.
LICENSING CONTRIBUTIONS: By submitting code, patch files, and contributions in general you avow that:
- You are the author of the contribution you submitted and:
- - you own the intellectual property rights; and/or
- - if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the content;
- You license your contribution under the Apache License, Version 2
What is JetS3t?
JetS3t is a free, open-source Java toolkit and application suite for the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). The toolkit provides Java programmers with a powerful yet simple API for interacting with S3 and managing data stored there, while the applications allow anyone to easily manage and interact with their S3 accounts.
JetS3t is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. In short, this license means JetS3t is free for commercial or non-commercial use and you may modify and/or redistribute it if you wish.
What does "JetS3t" mean?
JetS3t is pronounced "jet-set" and stands for Java S3 toolkit, with some extra letters added to make it into a real-ish word connoting high-flying, free-wheeling luxury. Come and join the jet-set, you won't regret it.
Not a Developer ?
This project's main public web site is hosted in S3 at JetS3t Home
The public web site also provides access to an online version of the Cockpit application and links to JetS3t Downloads where the public release archives are made available.