We are pleased to announce the availability of a new stable SKS
SKS is an OpenPGP keyserver whose goal is to provide easy to deploy,
decentralized, and highly reliable synchronization. That means that a
servers, and even wildly out-of-date servers, or servers that experience
spotty connectivity, can fully synchronize with rest of the system.
- - Fix X-HKP-Results-Count so that limit=0 returns no results, but include
- the header, to let a client poll for how many results exist, without
- retrieving any. Submitted by Phil Pennock. See:
- - Add UPGRADING document to explain upgrading Berkeley DB without
- rebuilding. System bdb versions often change with new SKS releases
- for .deb and .rpm distros.
- - Cleanup build errors for bdb/bdb_stubs.c. Patch from Mike Doty
- - Update cryptokit from version 1.0 to 1.5 without requiring OASIS
- build system or other additional dependencies
- - build, fastbuild, & pbuild fixed to ignore signals USR1 and USR2
- - common.ml and reconSC.ml were using different values for minumimum
- compatible version. This has been fixed.
- - Added new server mime-types, and trying another default document (Issue 6)
- In addition to the new MIME types added in 1.1., the server now
- looks over a list and and serves the first index file that it finds
- Current list: index.html, index.htm, index.xhtml, index.xhtm, index.xml.
- - options=mr now works on get as well as (v)index operations. This is
- described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shaw-openpgp-hkp-00
- sections 184.108.40.206. and 5.1.
- - Updated copyright notices in source files
- - Added sksclient tool, similar to old pksclient
- - Add no-cache instructions to HTTP response (in order for reverse proxies
- not to cache the output from SKS)
- - Use unique timestamps for keydb to reduce occurrances of Ptree corruption.
- - Added Interface specifications (.mli files) for modules that were missing
- - Yaron pruned some no longer needed source files from the tree.
- - Improved the HTTP status and HTTP error codes returned for various
- situations and added checks for more error conditions.
- - Add a suffix to version (+) indicating non-release or development builds
- - Add an option to specify the contact details of the server administrator
- that shows in the status page of the server. The information is in the
- form of an OpenPGP KeyID and set by server_contact: in sksconf
- - Add a `sks version` command to provide information on the setup.
- - Added configuration settings for the remaining database table files. If
- no pagesize settings are in sksconf, SKS will use 2048 bytes for key
- and 512 for ptree. The remainining files' pagesize will be set by BDB
- based on the filesystem settings, typically this is 4096 bytes.
- See sampleConfig/sksconf.typical for settings recommended by db_tuner.
- - Makefile: Added distclean target. Dropped autogenerated file from VCS.
- - Allow tuning BDB environment before creation in [fast]build and pbuild.
- If DB_CONFIG exists in basedir, copy it to DB dir before DB creation.
- Preference is given to DB_CONFIG.KDB and DB_CONFIG.PTree over DB_CONFIG.
- - Add support for Elliptic Curve Public keys (ECDSA, ECDH)
- - Add check if an upload is a revocation certificate, and if it is,
- produce an error message tailored for this.
Note when upgrading from earlier versions of SKS
-The default values for pagesize settings
have changed. To continue
+The default values for pagesize settings changed. To continue
using an existing DB without rebuilding, explicit settings have to be
added to the sksconf file.
-There are a few prerequisites to building this code. You need:
-* ocaml-3.10.2 or later. Get it from <http://www.ocaml.org>
- ocaml-3.12.x is recommended, ocaml-4.x is not recommended at this time
+There are a few prerequisites to building this code. You need:
+* ocaml-3.11.0 or later (ocaml-3.12.x is recommended). Get it from
* Berkeley DB version 4.6.* or later, whereby 4.8 or later is recommended.
You can find the appropriate versions at
+* GNU Make and a C compiler (e.g gcc)
Verifying the integrity of the download