The py.test testing tool makes it easy to write small tests, yet scales to support complex functional testing. It provides
- auto-discovery of test modules and functions,
- detailed info on failing assert statements (no need to remember self.assert* names)
- modular fixtures for managing small or parametrized long-lived test resources.
- multi-paradigm support: you can use py.test to run test suites based on unittest (or trial), nose
- single-source compatibility to Python2.4 all the way up to Python3.3, PyPy-1.9 and Jython-2.5.1.
- many external plugins.
A simple example for a test:
# content of test_module.py def test_function(): i = 4 assert i == 3
which can be run with py.test test_module.py. See getting-started for more examples.
For much more info, including PDF docs, see
and report bugs at:
Copyright Holger Krekel and others, 2004-2012