Copyright (C) 2006-2010, Rapid7 LLC
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of Rapid7 LLC nor the names of its contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON
ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The Metasploit Framework is provided under the 3-clause BSD license above.
The copyright on this package is held by Rapid7 LLC.
This license does not apply to the following components:
- The OpenSSL library embedded into the Meterpreter payload binaries and the
corresponding header files in the source tree
- The Packet Sniffer SDK (MicroOLAP) library embedded into the Meterpreter
Sniffer extension. HD Moore has a single-seat developer license.
- The modified TightVNC binaries and their associated source code.
- The Bit-Struct library located under lib/bit-struct
- The Byakugan plugin located under external/source/byakugan
- The Metasm library located under lib/metasm
- The PcapRub library located under external/pcaprub
- The Rabal library located under lib/rabal
- The Racket library located under lib/racket
- The PacketFu library located under lib/packetfu
- The Ruby-Lorcon library located under external/ruby-lorcon
- The SNMP library located under lib/snmp
- The Zip library located under lib/zip
The latest version of this software is available from http://metasploit.com/
Bug tracking and development information can be found at:
Questions and suggestions can be sent to:
The framework mailing list is the place to discuss features and ask for help.
To subscribe, visit the following web page:
The archives are available from: