* Copyright (c) 2010 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
* Copyright (c) 2012 Los Alamos National Security, LLC.
* All rights reserved.
* Additional copyrights may follow
* Global functions for MCA overall rte open and close
extern int ompi_rte_base_inited;
* Initialize the rte MCA framework
* @retval OMPI_SUCCESS Upon success
* @retval OMPI_ERROR Upon failure
* This must be the first function invoked in the rte MCA
* framework. It initializes the rte MCA framework, finds
* and opens rte components, etc.
* This function is invoked during ompi_init().
* This function fills in the internal global variable
* ompi_rte_base_components_opened, which is a list of all
* rte components that were successfully opened. This
* variable should \em only be used by other rte base
* functions -- it is not considered a public interface member --
* and is only mentioned here for completeness.
OMPI_DECLSPEC int ompi_rte_base_open(void);
* Select an available component.
* @return OMPI_SUCCESS Upon success.
* @return OMPI_NOT_FOUND If no component can be selected.
* @return OMPI_ERROR Upon other failure.
* This function invokes the selection process for rte components,
* which works as follows:
* - If the \em rte MCA parameter is not specified, the
* selection set is all available rte components.
* - If the \em rte MCA parameter is specified, the
* selection set is just that component.
* - All components in the selection set are queried to see if
* they want to run. All components that want to run are ranked
* by their priority and the highest priority component is
* selected. All non-selected components have their "close"
* function invoked to let them know that they were not selected.
* - The selected component will have its "init" function invoked to
* let it know that it was selected.
* If we fall through this entire process and no component is
* selected, then return OMPI_NOT_FOUND (this is not a fatal
* At the end of this process, we'll either have a single
* component that is selected and initialized, or no component was
* selected. If no component was selected, subsequent invocation
* of the rte wrapper functions will return an error.
OMPI_DECLSPEC int ompi_rte_base_select(void);
* Shut down the rte MCA framework.
* @retval OMPI_SUCCESS Always
* This function shuts down everything in the rte MCA
* framework, and is called during ompi_finalize().
* It must be the last function invoked on the rte MCA
OMPI_DECLSPEC int ompi_rte_base_close(void);
* Debugging output stream
OMPI_DECLSPEC extern int ompi_rte_base_output;
OMPI_DECLSPEC extern opal_list_t ompi_rte_components;
#endif /* OMPI_BASE_RTE_H */