Firebook is a Mozilla Firefox extension which adds the possibility to create e-books from Web pages.
This extension is released under the Mozilla Public License (MPL) 2.0.
Convert to e-book: export the current displayed Web page as an e-book.
Current page as table of contents: export the current displayed Web page and all linked Web pages as an e-book (typical use cases: export a Web site using its sitemap, export a manual from its main page).
Preserved links: preserve (by default) or drop links.
The easiest solution is to install the extension from the Add-ons Manager of Mozilla Firefox (entry “Add-ons” in the main menu). To do so, search the extension in Mozilla’s add-ons catalog, click on the button “Install” and follow the instructions.
Alternatively, you can install the extension from its dedicated page on Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Web site.
After installation, an extra icon should be available in the toolbar. You can choose to place it in the main menu.
- Navigate to the Web page that you want to export as e-book. In the case you want to export a set of Web pages (see section Features above), this Web page should contain links to all Web pages to export.
- Click on the Firebook icon in toolbar (or in the main menu if you chose to place it there).
- Fill in the form with the title and the author of the book you want to create, select Current page as table of contents if you want to export a set of Web pages, then click on the submit button. After a while, a link should appear. This link points to the generated e-book.
- Use the link to open the generated e-book or to download it.
- EPUB is the only supported format.
- Images are not included in the generated e-book; they are merely replaced by links to the images.
- Other media (videos, applets…) are not included in the generated e-book.
- The generated e-books have been tested with the e-book readers FBReader and Adobe Digital Editions.
Julien L. <julienl81 (at) hotmail.com>