Thunderbook is a Mozilla Thunderbird extension which adds the possibility to create an e-book from messages (including RSS items) of the accounts.
The extension makes a new item available in the toolbar. After activating it, all unread messages are compiled in a specified EPUB file.
The extension also makes a new item available in the folder context menu. After activating it, unread messages of the selected folder only are compiled in a specified EPUB file.
This extension is released under the Mozilla Public License (MPL) 2.0.
Two options are available.
The easiest solution is to install the extension from the Add-ons Manager of Mozilla Thunderbird (entry “Add-ons” in the main menu). You should search the extension in Mozilla’s add-ons catalog, click on the button “Install” and follow the instructions.
The alternative option is to install the extension manually:
- Download the latest version of the extension package.
- Place the package in the directory
extensionsof the profile directory and rename it
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Confirm the installation of the extension.
- [Optional] Open the Customize Toolbar window then drag the item “Export Unread Messages as E-book” to the toolbar.
- Mark all the messages to export as unread.
- Click on the item “Export Unread Messages as E-book” in the toolbar. Or right-click on the folder of the unread messages to export and click on the item “Export Unread Messages as E-book...”.
- In the file selection dialog, specify the path and the name of the EPUB file to generate.
- On the pop-up window that should state that the e-book has been generated sucessfully, click “OK” to mark exported messages as read or “Cancel” to leave them unread.
- Images and other attachments of messages are not included in the generated e-book.