RhodeCode is a fast and powerful management tool for Mercurial and GIT with a built in push/pull server, full text search and code-review. It works on http/https and has a built in permission/authentication system with the ability to authenticate via LDAP or ActiveDirectory. RhodeCode also provides simple API so it's easy integrable with existing external systems.
RhodeCode is similar in some respects to github or bitbucket, however RhodeCode can be run as standalone hosted application on your own server. It is open source and donation ware and focuses more on providing a customized, self administered interface for Mercurial and GIT repositories. RhodeCode works on *nix systems and Windows it is powered by a vcs library that Lukasz Balcerzak and Marcin Kuzminski created to handle multiple different version control systems.
RhodeCode uses PEP386 versioning
Stable releases of RhodeCode are best installed via:
pip install https://rhodecode.com/dl/latest
Detailed instructions and links may be found on the Installation page.
Please visit https://rhodecode.com/docs/installation.html for more details
The latest sources can be obtained from official RhodeCode instance https://secure.rhodecode.org
Check out all features of RhodeCode at https://rhodecode.com/features
RhodeCode is released under the GPLv3 license. Please see LICENSE file for details
Listed bellow are various support resources that should help.
Please try to read the documentation before posting any issues, especially the troubleshooting section
- Search the Knowledge base for known issues or problems.
- Search the old Discussion group for known issues or problems. (Depracated)
- Open an issue at support page
- Join #rhodecode on FreeNode (irc.freenode.net) or use http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rhodecode for web access to irc.
- You can also follow RhodeCode on twitter RhodeCode GmbH where we often post news and other interesting stuff about RhodeCode.
- Online documentation for the current version of RhodeCode is available at
You may also build the documentation for yourself - go into docs/ and run: