It's more than a typical planet feed reader. SpreadTheGospel gives you:
- basic blog platfrom (PA based on Django admin, preferences, subpages (standard, feed submit, contact form), navigation, WYSIWYG editor, pagination),
- news archive with unique www address for each,
- built-in search engine,
- optional newsletter,
- moderator mode for news feed and subscribers.
- Python 2.6 (or a higher release of 2.x).
- Django 1.4.3 (or a 1.4.x release).
- PIL 1.1.7 or Pillow 1.7.8.
- feedparser 5.1.3.
- django-grappelli 2.4.3.
- MySQLdb 1.2.3 (if you want to integrate newsletter with Python Job Board based on MySQL).
- zlib 1.2.3 (or a higher).
SpreadTheGospel is PyPy compatible, but tested only on developer environments.
Configure settings.py and wsgi.py file and update crontab with PlanetUpdater, JobOfferUpdater and NewsletterSend task (for that use manage.py).
- PlanetUpdater.py - downloads news feeds and updates Planet main page.
- JobOfferUpdater.py - downloads jobs offer from board.
- NewsletterSend.py - combines actual part of news feeds and jobs offer and send newsletter to users saved in database.