1. Redis and Protocol Buffers
Presented by Joshua Ginsberg
Protocol buffers from Google.
- Non-human-readable :(
- 1.25M records takes up about 250MB of memory.
- Protocol versioning is built-in
2. Managing Servers
Presented by Nate Aune
How to make deployment a non-event?
3. The CMS that doesn't do anything
Template designers can customize how model instances are embedded per template
Template designers are in charge of how content is interpreted
4. Making small, positive changes
Presented by Steve Holden
We can make a positive difference in many ways.
Doing so is good for us and good for our community.
Tell people what to do.
- They need some encouragement.
Alex Gaynor is the Django community's standard equivalent of a kitten.
5. Backbone.js with Django and Tastypie
Two things needed to make it work:
- change backbone sync method
- override url and parse from the sources