README for PyLint
Pylint requires the logilab-astng (version >= 0.21.0), logilab-common (version >= 0.53).
From the source distribution, extract the tarball and run
python setup.py install
You'll have to install dependencies in a similar way. For debian and rpm packages, use your usual tools according to your Linux distribution.
More information about installation and available distribution format may be found in the user manual in the doc subdirectory.
Look in the doc/ subdirectory or at the project home page http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint
Pylint is shipped with following additional commands:
- pyreverse: an UML diagram generator
- symilar: an independent similarities checker
- epylint: Emacs and Flymake compatible Pylint
- pylint-gui: a graphical interface
Comments, support, bug reports
Project page and tracker on : http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint
Use the email@example.com mailing list. You can subscribe to this mailing list at http://lists.logilab.org/mailman/listinfo/python-projects
Archives are available at http://lists.logilab.org/pipermail/python-projects/
order doesn't matter...
- Sylvain Thenault: main author / maintainer
- Alexandre Fayolle: TkInter gui, documentation, debian support
- Emile Anclin: used to maintain, py3k support
- Mads Kiilerich: various patches
- Torsten Marek, various patches
- Boris Feld, various patches
- Brian van den Broek: windows installation documentation
- Amaury Forgeot d'Arc: patch to check names imported from a module exists in the module
- Benjamin Niemann: patch to allow block level enabling/disabling of messages
- Nathaniel Manista: suspicious lambda checking
- Wolfgang Grafen, Axel Muller, Fabio Zadrozny, Pierre Rouleau, Maarten ter Huurne, Mirko Friedenhagen (among others): bug reports, feedback, feature requests...
- All the Logilab's team: daily use, bug reports, feature requests
- Other people have contributed by their feedback, if I've forgotten you, send me a note !