README for lore2sphinx
A tool for converting Twisted Lore format documentation into Sphinx/ReST format.
Distribution currently includes the lore2sphinx tool as well as a sphinx project (for the Twisted docs) with a few hand-edited files that tie the docs for the various parts of Twisted together.
- NOTE: Output generated from this tool (for the Twisted project) should go
- in the "projects" subdirectory of the sphinx project! This directory is not under version control, you will have to create it yourself.
This tool requires:
- Python 2.6+
- copy of Twisted
Using the tool
- Get it:
- hg clone http://bitbucket.org/khorn/lore2sphinx
- Install with 'python setup.py install'
- Copy 'lore2sphinx.conf.default' to 'lore2sphinx.conf'
- Edit 'lore2sphinx.conf' to point to your Lore input source and rst output directories
- Run bin/lore2sphinx. This will generate the rst files for Sphinx.
- If the script can't find your lore2sphinx.conf file, use the '-c' option to specify the config file's exact location. Specify the '--help' command to see all available options.
- Build the Sphinx project:
- cd profiles/twisted make html
- Look at the output in build/html/ to see what's broken
- Give feedback! Open a ticket on Bitbucket or use the Twisted-Python mailinglist.