FindAnything Sphinx Extension
This extension enables you to have a Sublime Text 2 like findanything panel on your page, letting you search as you type for pages, sections and index entries.
pip install sphinxcontrib-findanything
Add sphinxcontrib.findanything in extensions of conf.py:
extensions = [ 'sphinxcontrib.findanything' ]
Set this value to a filename accessible under _static/ folder or None, if you want to disable the default css file (e.g. if you setup the styling in a theme). Default is findanything.css.
You can get the default CSS easily with:
python -c "import sphinxcontrib.findanything as f; f.print_default_css()"
- Default is 400px.
- Default is True. Make index entries available for finding.
- Default is True. Make page titles and sections available for finding.
- Default is True. Boost already visited pages via findanything panel in next searches to the top.
- Default is cookie. And this is the only possible value. There is no other backend for caching hits.
- make it configurable if use the path from link or create path from toctree
- Downward compatibility to Sphinx 1.0 (now works with CPython)
- Added convenience function to print out default css for easier overwriting
- Improvement for display of multiple index entries, which are listed in brackets