- enforce minimum length of 3 characters for MarkItUp!-inserted h1 and h2 underline-style headers (works around bug in python-markdown). Thanks Daemian Mack for the report.
- Added markitup set for reST. Thanks Jannis Leidel.
- fixed reST renderer to not strip initial headline. Thanks Jannis Leidel.
- prevent mark_safe from mangling Markup objects.
- remove previously-deprecated markitup_head template tag
- wrap jQuery usage in anonymous function, to be more robust against other JS framework code on the page (including other jQuerys). Thanks Mikhael Korneev.
- upgrade to MarkItUp! 1.1.7
- add render_markup template filter
- update to jQuery 1.4 and MarkItUp! 1.1.6
- Add auto_preview option.
- Ajax preview view now uses RequestContext, and additionally passes MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL into the template context. (Previously, MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL was passed as MEDIA_URL and RequestContext was not used). Backwards-incompatible; may require change to preview template.
- Fix setup.py so tests package is not installed.
- Added empty models.py file so markitup is properly registered in INSTALLED_APPS. Fixes issue with django-staticfiles tip not finding media.
- Added MarkupField from http://github.com/carljm/django-markupfield (thanks Mike Korobov)
- Deprecated markitup_head template tag in favor of markitup_media.
- Added MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL setting to override base of relative media URL paths.
- added template-tag method for applying MarkItUp! editor (inspired by django-wysiwyg)
- initial release