- Python 2.x: reading data from file-like objects is fixed (thanks Pavel Zinovkin).
- Fixed parsing of layer groups without explicit OPEN_FOLDER mark;
- Cython extension is rebuilt with Cython 0.18.
- Descriptor parsing (thanks Oliver Zheng);
- text (as string) is extracted from text layers (thanks Oliver Zheng);
- improved support for optional building of Cython extension.
- Typo is fixed: LayerRecord.cilpping should be LayerRecord.clipping. Thanks Oliver Zheng.
- Highly experimental: basic layer merging is implemented (e.g. it is now possible to export layer group to a PIL image);
- Layer.visible no longer takes group visibility in account;
- Layer.visible_global is the old Layer.visible;
- psd_tools.user_api.combined_bbox made public;
- Layer.width and Layer.height are removed (use layer.bbox.width and layer.bbox.height instead);
- pil_support.composite_image_to_PIL is renamed to pil_support.extract_composite_image and pil_support.layer_to_PIL is renamed to pil_support.extract_layer_image in order to have the same API for pil_support and pymaging_support.
- psd.composite_image() is renamed to psd.as_PIL();
- Pymaging support: psd.as_pymaging() and layer.as_pymaging() methods.
- Support for zip and zip-with-prediction compression methods is added;
- support for 16/32bit layers is added;
- optional Cython extension for faster zip-with-prediction decompression;
- other speed improvements.
- Initial support for 16bit and 32bit PSD files: psd-tools v0.2 can read composite (merged) images for such files and extract information (names, dimensions, hierarchy, etc.) about layers and groups of 16/32bit PSD; extracting image data for distinct layers in 16/32bit PSD files is not suported yet;
- better Layer.__repr__;
- bbox property for Group.
Packaging is fixed in this release.
- Better support for 32bit images (still incomplete);
- reader is able to handle "global" tagged layer info blocks that was previously discarded.
- warn about 32bit images;
- transparency support for composite images.
Initial release (v0.1 had packaging issues).