PYGA: Python Google Analytics - Data Collection API
pyga is an iplementation of Google Analytics in Python;so that it can be used at server side. This project only helps you with Data Collection part of Google Analytics. ie., You can consider this as a replacement for ga.js at client side.
Google Provides Android SDK,iOS SDK + Flash SDK. And left everybody else with a single page documentation about GIF request parameters. Also with a basic sample of server side implementation in quite a few languages (perl, php, jsp).
- PyPi Package Page: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyga
- Main Repository: https://github.com/kra3/py-ga-mob
- Copy Repository: https://bitbucket.org/kra3/pyga/overview
- Documentation: http://readthedocs.org/docs/pyga-python-google-analytics-data-collection-api/en/latest/#
- You want to track data from server side
- You're developing a mobile site and have to support devices w/o JS support
To know more about mobiletracking see: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/other/mobileWebsites
from pyga.requests import Tracker, Page, Session, Visitor tracker = Tracker('MO-XXXXX-X', 'yourdomain.com') visitor = Visitor() visitor.ip_address = '18.104.22.168' session = Session() page = Page('/path') tracker.track_pageview(page, session, visitor)