An idiomatic nanomsg wrapper for Ruby.
nanomsg library is a high-performance implementation of several "scalability
protocols". Scalability protocol's job is to define how multiple applications
communicate to form a single distributed application. Implementation of
following scalability protocols is available at the moment:
* PAIR - simple one-to-one communication
* BUS - simple many-to-many communication
* REQREP - allows to build clusters of stateless services to process user requests
* PUBSUB - distributes messages to large sets of interested subscribers
* FANIN - aggregates messages from multiple sources
* FANOUT - load balances messages among many destinations
* SURVEY - allows to query state of multiple applications in a single go
Scalability protocols are layered on top of transport layer in the network
stack. At the moment, nanomsg library supports following transports:
* INPROC - transport within a process (between threads, modules etc.)
* IPC - transport between processes on a single machine
* TCP - network transport via TCP
Check out the examples folder of the project. See
http://kschiess.bitbucket.org/nanomsg/ and http://nanomsg.org/ for more
socket1 = NanoMsg::PairSocket.new
Works with a range of nanomsg versions, last one verified is 0.6. Should work
for mri rubies 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.
Beta software: If you know what you're doing, you can use this in production.
See file LICENSE, Copyright (c) 2013-2016 Kaspar Schiess