-Very early alpha, not much testing has been done. Only the PAIR, REQ/REP and
-PUB/SUB communication types work. This will break your application.
+Very early alpha, not much testing has been done. All socket types and devices
Gem::Specification.new do |s|
s.authors = ['Kaspar Schiess']
s.email = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
s.require_paths = ['lib', 'ext']
s.summary = 'Ruby binding for nanomsg. nanomsg library is a high-performance implementation of several "scalability protocols".'
- nanomsg provides idiomatic Ruby bindings to the C library nanomsg (nanomsg.org)
nanomsg library is a high-performance implementation of several "scalability
protocols". Scalability protocol's job is to define how multiple applications
- communicate to form a single distributed application. Implementation of
- following scalability protocols is available at the moment:
- PAIR - simple one-to-one communication
- BUS - simple many-to-many communication
- REQREP - allows to build clusters of stateless services to process user requests
- PUBSUB - distributes messages to large sets of interested subscribers
- FANIN - aggregates messages from multiple sources
- FANOUT - load balances messages among many destinations
- SURVEY - allows to query state of multiple applications in a single go
- WARNING: nanomsg is still in alpha stage!
+ communicate to form a single distributed application. WARNING: nanomsg is still in alpha stage!
s.extensions << 'ext/extconf.rb'