the toolkit for running qemu on OmniOS/Illumos. Features:
+This is toolkit for running qemu on OmniOS/Illumos. Features:
- * Run VMs based on local zvols
- * Run VMs based on iSCSI targets
- * Fully use QEMUs options (through a nifty Ruby DSL)
- * Automatic network configuration based on vnics
- * Using vnics confined to VLANs
+ * VMs based on local zvols
+ * VMs based on iSCSI targets
+ * Full access to QEMUs options (through a nifty Ruby DSL)
+ * Automatic vnic creation, supports VLAN tags
* Secure VNC channel through unix socket
* Access to VM monitor and serial console
target on B) While this configuration is certainly more complex than the
all-local one above, it is also more flexible to administer.
-For this to run, you need at least one physical host running
-[OmniOS](http://omnios.omniti.com/) or another
-[Illumos](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumos)-based distro. The host needs
-to support VT/x extensions to be able to run KVM-based virtualisation. Also,
-some basic working knowledge of Illumos is of help.
+When using iscsi targets, you have to relaunch the vm twice to get it to
+start up. We have code in place to work around this, but it is not effective.
+Work to fix this is underway.
overview(7), storadm(1), vmadm(1)
+qemu-toolkit-(7), storadm(1), vmadm(1)