Version 1.2.3: January 17, 2012
Version 1.2.3 is a maintenance release containing numerous fixes:
- Fixed grid generation after resize.
- Fixed grid viewer not always reflecting latest grid status.
- Fixed grid saving and loading losing grid network.
- Fixed activation gradient rendering for links of length greater than 1.
- Fixed inhibition for links of length greater than 1.
- Source code fixes and refactoring.
Version 1.2.2: July 17, 2011
Version 1.2.2 is a maintenance release containing several bug fixes:
- Hopefully fixed some wierdness with the persistence functionality and stepping (
- Made arrowheads not always normal to their attach points (
- Made link labels track closer to links (
- You can now step through the network by pressing the space bar (
Version 1.2.1: July 8, 2011
This version contains several bug fixes as well as three new pieces of functionality:
- Node persistance: You can now specify a value for a node or a link that determines how many time steps the item will remain activated before it begins to decay (
- Multi-Links: A multi-link connects two grid items, and if all three items' width is the same, then activation will be transmitted precisely between them (
- Grid Viewer: A highly experimental and likely quite flaky visualization window for Grids that shows the grid's cylindrical topology in 3D. You can rotate the grid view by dragging it with your mouse (
Other bug fixes:
- Fixed the display of links to grid edge items when loading an existing grid or moving the edge item (
- Fixed the Activate/Deactivate menu options not showing up for all applicable items, as well as Reset not working properly (
- Fixed a case where you could connect links to the sides of the narrow end of an Abstract OR item (
- Fixed a few typos and errors in the manual (
Version 1.2.0: April 2011
This version contains one major new piece of functionality:
- Grid Items: You can now build huge networks by building a small template network with side connections, which is then repeated many times horizontally and vertically (
#11). You can experiment with text input and output using Text IO Items ( #40).
Other improvements and fixes:
- Provided a side palette with a list of network items with icons that you can drag to the editing area (
- Provided a list of recently-opened networks in the File menu (
- Vastly sped up the underlying network automaton using seqlocks instead of mutexes (
Version 1.1.0: November 5, 2010
This version contains two major new pieces of functionality:
- Abstract Notation: You can now build relational networks using AND and OR nodes of the abstract (formerly "compact") notation, as well as bidirectional links (
- Subnetworks: There is a new item called a "Sub-Network", which, when you double-click on it, opens up a new network view. You can connect links to the sub-network item, and their ends will appear in the sub-network (
Other improvements and fixes:
- You can now modify the length of links (i.e. the number of time steps it will take for an activation to be transmitted along the link) (
- Fix: Oscillators can be inhibited (
- Fix: Inhibiting inhibitory links now works properly (
Version 1.0.3: August 8, 2010
Bug fixes and some internal improvements.
- Improved link rendering and made link drawing more efficient (
- Plugins are now loaded on OS X (
- OS X build system is fully automated.
- Bug fix: fixed loading files with self-links (
- Bug fix: fixed crash when creating new item after selecting multiple items (
Version 1.0.2: July 22, 2010
Mostly UI and usability improvements.
- Added some sample files to the distribution. (
- Cut and paste: you can now cut, copy and paste network items. (
- You can now zoom in and out of the network view. (
- Printing support: you can print network diagrams or export them to a variety of formats. (
- Implemented node threshold learning similar to that in Colin Harrison's dissertation. (
- Added a network item type for text labels. (
- Added some nice icons from the Silk icon set. (
- You can now edit common properties when more than one item is selected. (
- Added a system to handle loading old file versions. (
- Made saved item type names independent of C++ name mangling. (
- Fixed a leak of automata nodes when loading and saving multiple times. (
- Misc UI efficiency and usability improvements.