Version 1.2.3: January 17, 2012
Version 1.2.3 is a maintenance release containing numerous fixes:
- Fixed grid generation after resize.
- Fixed grid viewer not always reflecting latest grid status.
- Fixed grid saving and loading losing grid network.
- Fixed activation gradient rendering for links of length greater than 1.
- Fixed inhibition for links of length greater than 1.
- Source code fixes and refactoring.
Version 1.2.2: July 17, 2011
Version 1.2.2 is a maintenance release containing several bug fixes:
- Hopefully fixed some wierdness with the persistence functionality and stepping (<s>#56</s>).
- Made arrowheads not always normal to their attach points (<s>#57</s>).
- Made link labels track closer to links (<s>#58</s>).
- You can now step through the network by pressing the space bar (<s>#60</s>).
Version 1.2.1: July 8, 2011
This version contains several bug fixes as well as three new pieces of functionality:
- Node persistance: You can now specify a value for a node or a link that determines how many time steps the item will remain activated before it begins to decay (<s>#53</s>).
- Multi-Links: A multi-link connects two grid items, and if all three items' width is the same, then activation will be transmitted precisely between them (<s>#49</s>).
- Grid Viewer: A highly experimental and likely quite flaky visualization window for Grids that shows the grid's cylindrical topology in 3D. You can rotate the grid view by dragging it with your mouse (<s>#44</s>).
Other bug fixes:
- Fixed the display of links to grid edge items when loading an existing grid or moving the edge item (<s>#55</s>).
- Fixed the Activate/Deactivate menu options not showing up for all applicable items, as well as Reset not working properly (<s>#52</s>, <s>#54</s>).
- Fixed a case where you could connect links to the sides of the narrow end of an Abstract OR item (<s>#50</s>).
- Fixed a few typos and errors in the manual (<s>#51</s>).
Version 1.2.0: April 2011
This version contains one major new piece of functionality:
- Grid Items: You can now build huge networks by building a small template network with side connections, which is then repeated many times horizontally and vertically (<s>#11</s>). You can experiment with text input and output using Text IO Items (<s>#40</s>).
Other improvements and fixes:
- Provided a side palette with a list of network items with icons that you can drag to the editing area (<s>#37</s>).
- Provided a list of recently-opened networks in the File menu (<s>#41</s>).
- Vastly sped up the underlying network automaton using seqlocks instead of mutexes (<s>#38</s>, <s>#39</s>).
Version 1.1.0: November 5, 2010
This version contains two major new pieces of functionality:
- Abstract Notation: You can now build relational networks using AND and OR nodes of the abstract (formerly "compact") notation, as well as bidirectional links (<s>#12</s>).
- Subnetworks: There is a new item called a "Sub-Network", which, when you double-click on it, opens up a new network view. You can connect links to the sub-network item, and their ends will appear in the sub-network (<s>#16</s>).
Other improvements and fixes:
- You can now modify the length of links (i.e. the number of time steps it will take for an activation to be transmitted along the link) (<s>#25</s>).
- Fix: Oscillators can be inhibited (<s>#28</s>).
- Fix: Inhibiting inhibitory links now works properly (<s>#29</s>).
Version 1.0.3: August 8, 2010
Bug fixes and some internal improvements.
- Improved link rendering and made link drawing more efficient (<s>#6</s>).
- Plugins are now loaded on OS X (<s>#22</s>).
- OS X build system is fully automated.
- Bug fix: fixed loading files with self-links (<s>#23</s>).
- Bug fix: fixed crash when creating new item after selecting multiple items (<s>#24</s>).
Version 1.0.2: July 22, 2010
Mostly UI and usability improvements.
- Added some sample files to the distribution. (<s>#20</s>)
- Cut and paste: you can now cut, copy and paste network items. (<s>#14</s>)
- You can now zoom in and out of the network view. (<s>#18</s>).
- Printing support: you can print network diagrams or export them to a variety of formats. (<s>#10</s>)
- Implemented node threshold learning similar to that in Colin Harrison's dissertation. (<s>#21</s>)
- Added a network item type for text labels. (<s>#17</s>).
- Added some nice icons from the Silk icon set. (<s>#19</s>)
- You can now edit common properties when more than one item is selected. (<s>#13</s>)
- Added a system to handle loading old file versions. (<s>#9</s>)
- Made saved item type names independent of C++ name mangling. (<s>#8</s>)
- Fixed a leak of automata nodes when loading and saving multiple times. (<s>#15</s>)
- Misc UI efficiency and usability improvements.