+- Changed entry point name to nose.plugins.0.10 -- dashes and other
+ non-word characters besides . are not allowed in entry point names.
+- Fixed loading of plugins from that entry point.
+- Fixed backwards-compatibility issue in nose.util (is_generator was
+ renamed isgenerator). (Issue #64)
- Rewrote test loader to be more drop-in compatible with
unittest.TestLoader and to support a more user-friendly command
- Rewrote test runner and result classes to reduce duplication of effort.
- Revised configuration system to be less convoluted.
- Added nose.case.TestCase as universal wrapper for all
testcases. Plugins always see instances of this class.
- Added a management layer to the plugin system, allowing for easy use
of different plugin loading schemes. The default manager loads
builtin plugins, 0.10 plugins under the setuptools entrypoint
nose.plugins.0-10 and provides limited support for legacy plugins
loaded under the entrypoint nose.plugins.
- Added plugin hooks in all phases of discovery, running and description.
- Converted several formely core features to plugins: output capture,
assert introspection, pdb, and skipped and deprecated test support.
- Added id plugin that allows for easier specification of tests on the
- Added ErrorClassPlugin base class to allow for easier authoring of
plugins that handle errors, like the builtin skipped and deprecated
- Added support for loading doctests from non-module files for all
supported python versions.
- Added score property to plugins to allow plugins to execute in a
defined order (higher score execute first).
- Expanded nose's own test suite to include a variety of functional tests.