* collection starts from the initial command line arguments
which may be directories, filenames or test ids.
* It then recurses into directories, unless they match :confval:`norecursedirs`
-XYZZY Again, I am not sure this isn't incorrect English, albeit commonly
-used incorrect English, and you should be talkiing about descending into
* ``test_*.py`` or ``*_test.py`` files, imported by their `package name`_.
* ``Test`` prefixed test classes (without an ``__init__`` method)
* ``test_`` prefixed test functions or methods are test items