Unicode / Str confusion

Issue #4 new
Bob Report
created an issue

Creating an item with a unicode key and then retrieving it with str key doesn't work.

But if you retrieve it with the unicode key and then retrieve it with the str key it does work! This is inconsistent!! sometimes a key will appear to exist and sometimes not depending on whether you have previously retrieved it using unicode.

To me this says that the memory cache is not sensitive to the difference between unicode and str but the disk cache is (this is using dbm backend)

I found this issue highly confusing, that flask web requests worked fine to retrieve a key within a function but if I made a further function to retrieve the same key then it didn't work, unless I had already retrieved they key from the first function.

Comments (0)

  1. Log in to comment