Readable Passphrase Generator
The Readable Passphrase Generator generates passphrases which are (mostly) grammatically correct but nonsensical. These are easy to remember (for humans) but difficult to guess (for humans and computers).
Developed in C# with a KeePass plugin, console app and public API. Runs wherever the .NET Framework, .NET Core or Mono are available.
If you like the Readable Passphrase Generator you can donate to support development, or just say thanks.
- Version 1.1.2
- Add support for .NET Core.
- Add NuGet package.
- Version 1.1.1
- Change update site to makemeapassword.ligos.net.
- Add KeyBase site as contact info.
- Enforce requirement for KeePass 2.36 or newer.
- Version 1.1.0
- Update to target .NET 4.0.
- Fix bug where KeePass plugin crashes when using
&as a word separator.
- Version 1.0.0
- Fix bug where None word separator can still include some spaces.
- Fix bug where Space and None word separators were swapped.
- Add .NET 4.0 SKU as supported runtime (to fix Mono warning).
- Migrated all links to BitBucket from Codeplex.
- 15,020 words in the default dictionary (~900 more than 0.17 release).
- Version 0.17
- Fix serious non-random password bug.
- All users should upgrade to this version as soon as possible
- It is highly recommended to reset any passphrases generated in the last 4 years
- Versions of the plugin affected by this bug will crash KeePass 2.36+, you must upgrade to 0.17 or newer.
Readable Passphrase Generator is licensed under the Apache License, copyright Murray Grant.
It may be used freely under the terms of the above license.
Summary: it may be used in any project (commercial or otherwise) as long as you attribute copyright to me somewhere and indicate its licensed under the Apache License.