XIST provides an extensible HTML and XML generator. XIST is also a XML parser with a very simple and pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a Python class and these Python classes provide a conversion method to transform the XML tree (e.g. into HTML). XIST can be considered 'object oriented XSLT'.
XIST also includes the following modules and packages:
- :mod:`ll.make` is an object oriented make replacement. Like make it allows you to specify dependencies between files and actions to be executed when files don't exist or are out of date with respect to one of their sources. But unlike make you can do this in a object oriented way and targets are not only limited to files, but you can implement e.g. dependencies on database records.
- :mod:`ll.url` provides classes for parsing and constructing RFC 2396 compliant URLs.
- :mod:`ll.orasql` provides utilities for working with cx_Oracle:
- It allows calling functions and procedures with keyword arguments.
- Query results will be put into Record objects, where database fields are accessible as object attributes.
- The :class:`Connection` class provides methods for iterating through the database metadata.
- Importing the module adds support for URLs with the scheme oracle to :mod:`ll.url`.
- :mod:`ll.ul4c` is compiler for a templating language with similar capabilities to Django's templating language. UL4 templates are compiled to an internal bytecode format, which makes it possible to implement template renderers in other languages and makes the template code "secure" (i.e. template code can't open or delete files).
- :mod:`ll.astyle` can be used for colored terminal output (via ANSI escape sequences).
- :mod:`ll.color` provides classes and functions for handling RGB color values. This includes the ability to convert between different color models (RGB, HSV, HLS) as well as to and from CSS format, and several functions for modifying and mixing colors.
- :mod:`ll.misc` provides several small utility functions and classes.
- :mod:`ll.sisyphus` provides classes for running Python scripts as cron jobs.
- :mod:`ll.daemon` can be used on UNIX to fork a daemon process.
- :mod:`ll.xml_codec` contains a complete codec for encoding and decoding XML.
For documentation read the files in the docs/ directory or the web pages.
For installation instructions read INSTALL.rst or the installation web page.
For a history of XIST and a list of new features in this version, read NEWS.rst or the history web page.
For a list of old features and bugfixes read OLDNEWS or the old history web page.
For the license read __init__.py.
A discussion mailing list is available. For more info go to https://mail.livinglogic.de/mailman/listinfo/xist-discuss. You can subscribe from these webpages as well as read the mailing list archives.
An announcement mailing list is available too. For info go to https://mail.livinglogic.de/mailman/listinfo/xist-announce
-- Walter D�rwald <email@example.com>