+PyBB - is Django application which implements forum function, i.e.,
+it allows users of your site to create discussion threads also known as topics.
-The main point in development of pybb is to build it so it could be
-*easily* integrated to existing django based site. This mean:
+PyBB is quite unstable. If some feture exists in rev.A then it could be
-* pybb does not provide features like user registration, password restoring.
- It does not provide authentication page. You should use your favorite
- application for such things. You can try well known django-registration
- http://code.google.com/p/django-registration/ or my own implementation
- http://hg.pydev.ru/django-account. Both applications contain install instruction
- in the distributive. The demo site http://pybb.org use django-account.
+Current implementation does not have templates. You can find working set
+of templates here: https://bitbucket.org/lorien/pep8/src/dddba1eb4931/templates/pybb/
-* all pybb stuff placed in one application which is called pybb
-* I'm trying to stay with KISS principle. At least in the beginning of pybb
- development. I mean that there are no threaded posts and there is only bbcode
- markup support and there is no multi-level nested categories.
-* pytils (optional, need for russian language support)
-* south (optional) - required for migrations
-* Firstly you have to install pybb. You have two ways:
- * Install pybb with easy_install or pip tools
- * Clone pybb repository from http://bitbucket.org/lorien/pybb and place it in your project
-* Put `pybb` into settings.INSTALLED_APPS
-* Run `python manage.py pybb_install` or do following steps manually:
- * Find the static directory in the pybb source and copy or symlink static/pybb to %MEDIA_ROOT%/pybb
- * Create %MEDIA_ROOT%/pybb/avatars directory and chmod it (if that required)
-* Put `include('pybb.urls'))` into main project urls.py file
-* Do `python manage.py syncdb`
-* And do not forget to install some authentication application like django-registration or django-account. See info in the bottom of README
-PYBB support only english and russian translations now.
-You should enable django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware to activate
-django locale autodetecting.
-How to glue PYBB with account application?
-* For registration, login, logout links PYBB uses reverse and url template tag
- with names same to django-registration application. Django-account uses the same
- names too. This mean that if you want use one of these two application then
- all you need is to correctly install one.
-* If you account application use specific url names or don't use them at all then
- * edit PYBB sources and write correct urls
- * add required url names to account application urlpatterns
-??? * Don't forget to write valid LOGIN_URL to the settings
+Send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org