Because MathJax (and the necessary fonts) is very large, it is not included in
-Sphinx. You must install it yourself, and give Sphinx its path in this config
.. confval:: mathjax_path
- JSMath. There is no default.
+ The default is the ``http://`` URL that loads the JS files from the `MathJax
+ CDN <http://www.mathjax.org/docs/1.1/start.html>`_. If you want MathJax to
+ be available offline, you have to donwload it and set this value to a
The path can be absolute or relative; if it is relative, it is relative to
the ``_static`` directory of the built docs.
documentation set on one server, it is advisable to install MathJax in a
- You can also give a full ``http://`` URL. Kevin Dunn maintains a MathJax
- installation on a public server, which he offers for use by development and
- mathjax_path = 'http://mathjax.connectmv.com/MathJax.js'
+ You can also give a full ``http://`` URL different from the CDN URL.
mathbase_setup(app, (html_visit_math, None), (html_visit_displaymath, None))
- app.add_config_value('mathjax_path', '', False)
+ 'config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML', False)
app.add_config_value('mathjax_inline', [r'\(', r'\)'], 'html')
app.add_config_value('mathjax_display', [r'\[', r'\]'], 'html')