This will be a complete guide to setting up an environment to run Lucee on a Windows server.
- Installing Oracle Java
- Installing Apache Tomcat
- Configuring Tomcat as a Windows service
- Starting Tomcat and verifying the installation
- Installing and configuring Lucee (JAR files)
- Securing Tomcat and Lucee
- Installing the BonCode connector and mod_cfml
- Optimizing IIS
- Securing IIS
- Scripts Installing Tomcat and Lucee
- Newbie Questions
- A server running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 in an Active Directory or Workgroup
- .NET 4.5 and IIS installed
- Full administrator privileges
- A text editor such as Notepad++
- Basic understanding of the Windows Registry, file system and user management
- Basic familiarity with the command line
All of the tasks described in this guide can be integrated into a software management tool such Microsoft SCCM. Everything can be done on the command line, which is perfect for scripting and packaging.
This guide is a work in progress. Please be patient, more to come ;-)
Author: Martin Schaible. Thanks to Julian Halliwell for the proof reading.