How to install vpackager
Starting with version 2.0, vpackager depends on sbbuilder. Sbbuilder is an application developed for vectorlinux, but technically, can run on Slackware or any slack-based distro. With that said, if you do not use vectorlinux, you may install sbbuilder and vpackager should run fine in your system. ( See complete dependency list below )
Get the source
At the moment, the vpackager source can only be obtained from the mercurial repo by executing this command in a terminal
hg clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/m0e_lnx/vpackager
After checking out the source code, you may build it by performing the following steps in the directory containing the 'setup.py' file.
python setup.py build python setup.py install
see `python setup.py --help` for more options. In the future, when stable releases are available, you will be able to load a vpackager source archive into vpackager, and it will build itself.
The following programs must be installed for vpackager to work on your system.
- Python2 (version 2.7.1 or better)
- psutil (Version 2.0 as of this writing. Available from the 'Downloads' section and also available for install via pysetuptools with `easy_install psutil`
- Gtk2 version 2.20.x or better (should be included with the distro)
- gtksourceview (Available from 'Downloads')
- pygtksourceview (Availble from 'Downloads')