The Exomizer is a cross-cruncher. It produces files that are intended to be used on the c64/c16/plus4 computers.
- It is a cruncher that crunches c64/c16/+4 files.
- It can produce stand-alone self-decompressing c64/c16/+4-files.
- It can produce files for both "in memory" and "from disk" decrunching.
- It handles RLE-sequences well, no packer is necessary.
- Its stand-alone decompressor can decompress $0400-$ffff (c64) or $0400-$fcff (c16/+4)
- It is able to crunch more than one in-file into the same out-file (link).
- It is able to load in-files to any given address (simple relocate).
The download also contains a companion utility, Exobasic. this tool manipulates c64/plus4 basic files.
- It can do normal basic line renumbering.
- It can generate and prepend a machine code trampoline to a basic program that will run it.
- It can do ugly basic line renumbering and basic line link clobbering in order to maximize compression.
These tools should compile and run on all 32-bit platforms that supports ANSI-C and console applications. The source code and precompiled binaries for DOS, Linux-i386 and Win32 are included in the download.
Any suggestions, comments and/or bug reports can be sent to me, the author.
2004-10-03: Exomizer v1.1.5 released
This release makes the builtin decruncher handle files better that need a huge safety margin to decrunch. It also features an improved crunch algorithm that doesn't grind to a halt when it finds long stretches of equal bytes like its predecessor. On the average it should crunch a little faster and slightly better as well (very slightly). Please read the changelog.txt in the zip file for details. Download the 1.1.5 release here.
2004-06-02: Exomizer v1.1.4p1 released
This release fixes a bug in the exodecrunch.s file. (Download removed).
2004-05-29: Exomizer v1.1.4 released
New in this release is a contribution section containing a 4k-demo decruncher by Ninja/The Dreams and an automatic load address calculator for memory decrunching (-l auto). (Download removed).
2003-08-21: Exomizer v1.1.3 released
This release contains a couple of new features compared to v1.1.2. The email address for feedback and bug reports has also changed. (Download removed).
2003-06-14: Exomizer v1.1.2 released
This release includes source code and examples for two stream decrunchers, a tool that simplifies crunching basic programs, some small bugfixes and a new no decrunch effect flag. It now also includes dos binaries. (Download removed).
2003-01-25: Exomizer v1.1.1 released
This release includes two bugfixes, a couple of new features and a one byte shorter built-in decruncher compared to v1.1. (Download removed).
2002-10-06: Exomizer v1.1 released
This release includes support for the c264 family (c16/plus4) and a four byte shorter built-in decruncher compared to v1.0. (Download removed).
2002-05-01: Exomizer v1.0 released
This is the first stable release. (Download removed).
This page was last updated 2004-10-03.