Data selection and handling in map views
Some actions with several GIS data objects can be carried out easily with the help of a selection rectangle in a map view as follows:
- Display all data objects of interest in the map by selecting them in the workspace.
- Zoom the map view so that all data objects of interest are visible in the map view.
- Right-click in the map view to open its context menu and select the menu entry
Select items on map.
- An infobox at the upper left corner of the map view describes the next actions:
- Select a rectangular area on the map. Use the left mouse button and move the mouse.
- Abort with a right click.
- Adjust the selection by point-click-move on the corners.
Here is an example of a map view with a selection rectangle in the exact mode (selection summary is shown in infobox!):
Example for intersect mode:
The toolbar at the right side of the selection rectangle gives access to the supported actions. A tooltip pops-up when locating the mouse on a toolbox icon. The following table lists all actions of the toolbar:
|Action||Icon (off state)||Icon (on state)||Checkable||Exclusive|
|Copy all selected items to a project.||-||-||-|
|Create a route from selected waypoints.||-||-||-|
|Change the icon of all selected waypoints.||-||-||-|
|Combine all selected tracks to a new one.||-||-||-|
|Set an activity for all selected tracks.||-||-||-|
|Change the color of all selected tracks.||-||-||-|
|Delete all selected items.||-||-||-|
|Select all items that intersect the selected area.||true||true|
|Select all items that are completely inside the selected area.||true||true|
|Add tracks to selection.||true||-|
|Add waypoints to selection.||true||-|
|Add routes to selection.||true||-|
|Add areas to selection.||true||-|
(Overview derived from commit b47d434915f3 (Sat Mar 17 16:24:37 2018 +0100))
truein the column
Exclusivemarks a group of actions where only one checkable action in the group can ever be active at any time. If the user chooses another checkable action in the group, the one chosen becomes active and the one that has been active becomes inactive.
truein the column
Checkablemarks an action which has an on/off state (
not checked/not selected). A change of the state implies a change of the displayed toolbar icon.
- Select first the necessary states of the checkable actions.
- Next click one of the actions that can't be checked. The corresponding action is carried out immediately.
- Close the selection rectangle with a right click.