An area overlay is a polygon to mark an area on a map. Commonly used by search and rescue.
Of course you can try to play Tetris with area overlays, too.
If you click on the highlighted area you get a short on-screen-summary and a few options:
- View / Edit area - See the full details about the area in a dialog with the option to edit the data.
- Delete the area
- Change the coordinates of the area. See "Edit items with multiple points (tracks, routes, areas)" for more details.
View / Edit Details
- The area name. Simply click on the highlighted name to edit.
- As mentioned in Waypoints, Tracks & Co items are locked, when imported into QMapShack. You can edit them all the same if you unlock them by pressing the lock button.
- The color of the area polygon.
- The fill pattern of the are. Next to some criss-cross patterns this can be solid or none.
- The border with of the area polygon.
- The compete area polygon can be drawn with 30% or 100% opacity.
- Add a comment or a description by clicking on the highlighted string.
- The coordinates of the area (read only)
- This is the history list showing all changes applied to the area.