Beautiful image and content slider plugin. Shows the widely used jQuery Nivo slider plugin from http://nivo.dev7studios.com/.
- Easily upload dozens of images thanks to django-filer;
- HTML description for each image;
- Four default nivo slider theme choices;
- User selection of nivo parameters: themes, animation, manual advance, thumbnails, etc;
- Auto-discovering of custom nivo themes on static dirs.
- pip install cmsplugin_nivoslider
- Add 'cmsplugin_nivoslider' to INSTALLED_APPS
- Run ./manage.py syncdb (or ./manage.py migrate cmsplugin_nivoslider if you are using south)
You need to have correctly configured staticfiles for autodiscovering and using themes.
Upgrading to 0.4
On version 0.4, we have dropped the custom image albums in behalf of django-filer Folders. So if you are upgrading from a previous version, you will have to upload again your images to a filer folder.
Using a custom or downloaded theme
When reloading your Django app, the plugin will search for themes on the following static dir: nivo/themes/.
So all you need to do is putting your theme plugin on static/nivo/themes/pluginname dir of some app of your Django project.
So after collectstatic, theme will be available under the directory: STATIC_ROOT/nivo/themes/pluginname And will be found by cmsplugin_nivoslider.
|Initial version date:|