Implement whoosh based full text search on repositories codes content
It would be really cool and handy if the hg-app would implement full text codes search. Few problems arise in doing that. 1 Permissions handling for indexing. But it can be handled same way as main page display ie, run check decorator on repo name. 2 Reindexing here's an idea that we do 3 way scan:
- periodically full index rebuild (preferably once a week)
- incremental indexing done once a day based on file mtime
- per push indexing - build a list of change files from CS and add a
- scheduled task to rescan those files via some hooks. It might be a good
- solution for fast search for new content but could be very
- heavy in some cases, so i must double think about it.