1. Marcin Kuzminski
  2. RhodeCode

Issues

Issue #270 resolved

Error viewing summary of a repo that contains accented characters into the name of a branch

Alfredo Zermeño
created an issue

I created a new branch named: "CERTIFICACIÓN" using tortoiseHG

After pushing the new branch to Rhodecode, when I tried to see the repo's summary the server crashed with the error: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 11: ordinal not in range(128) CGI Variables

This error makes impossible to see the repo via Rodecode's web interface but the repo still work perfectly for pull and push operations.

The error originally occurred in 1.1.8 version and persisted after upgrading to 1.2.1

Comments (2)

  1. Marcin Kuzminski repo owner

    Thanks for posting this bug. I fixed the underlying VCS lib to handle non ascii names of tags and branches. You can use TIP of vcs to solve this issue, or wait for 1.2.2 that will include new vcs.

  2. Log in to comment