Just finished upgrading RhodeCode to the latest version. After running a full index with WhooshIndexer, any search returns:
There is no index to search in. Please run whoosh indexer.
I did run whoosh indexer ... several times actually. The index files are created just fine in the same location as they were before the upgrade. A comparison with the content of the files in the backup location shows that the newly created index files are pretty much identical with the ones created before the upgrade. Relevant log entries (on a CentOS 6 machine):
*** File: /var/log/httpd/access_log
192.168.1.201 - - [03/Mar/2012:14:33:10 -0700] "GET /_admin/search?q=test&type=content HTTP/1.1" 200 2832 "http://hg.xxx.xxx/_admin/search?q=test&type=content" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2"
*** File: /var/log/rhodecode.log
2012-03-03 14:33:11.469 ERROR [rhodecode.controllers.search] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/data/www-data/rhodecode-venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rhodecode/controllers/search.py", line 72, in index searcher = idx.searcher() File "/data/www-data/rhodecode-venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/whoosh/index.py", line 324, in searcher return Searcher(self.reader(), fromindex=self, '''kwargs) File "/data/www-data/rhodecode-venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/whoosh/filedb/fileindex.py", line 356, in reader raise e
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
2012-03-03 14:33:11.469 ERROR [rhodecode.controllers.search] Empty Index data 2012-03-03 14:33:11.475 INFO [rhodecode.lib.base] Request to /_admin/search time: 0.492s
I've noticed the same behavior (at least from an end-user's standpoint) in the "demo" version running at rhodecode.org.