The datastore viewer is a simple but effective manager for create, modify and delete objects from the Google App Engine data store.
Currently the development is in 0.5 version. The features are:
- List the models to be managed
- List the content in the datastore for each kind of models.
- Create new entities, modify the existing entities and delete them
Try the manager with test data at: http://datastore-manager.appspot.com/_dv/
Install in your Google APP
To use this manager you have to follow four simple steps:
- Download the code at https://bitbucket.org/marcmolla/datastore-viewer/src. Only is required the datastoremanager module!
- Include the datastoremanager package in your GAE application
- Create a main script that calls the datastoremanager.viewer.runViewer function
- Add to your app.yaml a handler for the main scripts
Example of main script:
from datastoremanager import viewer if __name__ == "__main__": viewer.runViewer('/_dv/', [MyModel1, MyModel2,])
The app.yaml should contains a handler definition for our script:
handlers: - url: /_dv/.* script: main.py login: admin
Please note that the URL must be the same used in the runViewer call. The login directive is required for control de access to the datastore manager.