= README =
== tracklr2mindmap.py ==
A python script that uses Tracklr ( http://tracklr.com/ ) JSON API v1.0
to generate a mind map (.mm) XML file (<map version="0.9.0">) for a free
mind mapping software FreeMind (http://freemind.sourceforge.net).
Mind maps are genarated from data of all available companies for given
username and password from http://tracklr.com/
The script uses `pytracklr` module crafted by Andrew Turner to inteface
with the Tracklr API.
== download ==
Get the latest version of the script from:
Or clone `tracklr2mindmap` Mercurial repository:
$ hg clone https://email@example.com/vshivak/tracklr2mindmap
Note, `ElementTree` is required by tracklr2mindmap.py script.
Note, pytracklr.py is required by tracklr2mindmap.py script. Its modified
version is available at `tracklr2mindmap` repository.
== usage ==
$ python tracklr2mind.py YOUR_TRACKLR_USERNAME [YOUR_TRACKLR_PASSWORD] [THIS_COMPANY_ID_ONLY]
YOUR_TRACKLR_USERNAME - required value. Provide your username for tracklr.com.
YOUR_TRACKLR_PASSWORD - optional value. If not provided via command line, password prompted.
THIS_COMPANY_ID_ONLY - optional value. If provided only selected company abbreviation/id mind
map is generated.
If you DO NOT have your username and password setup for Tracklr yet, you can set it up here:
== mind maps ==
Company name is used for mind map file name. Spaces in the name are trimmed.
Example: mind map for "Example Company Ltd" is "ExampleCompanyLtd.mm"
Mind map is generated using the following rules:
1) Company name is used for root node.
2) Each node contains link node to its location at http://tracklr.com/ and also sub-nodes.
2) Inactive/closed clients are on the left side, active/open clients are on the right side.
3) Inactive/closed projects are located in DONE sub-node of their client.
4) Inactive/closed tasks are located in DONE sub-node of their project.
5) Events are only of the user who generated the mind map. Events of other users are not included.