GoFish 4.3 - Code Search tool for FoxPro
Full documentation for the GoFish app can found on the VFPx site on CodePlex:
Build 4.3.014 (2012-06-18)
- Fixed bug in Edit Line Replace Mode when deleting the entire line.
- Fixed bug which prevented GF from opening the correct method when editing file from GF.
Build 4.3.012 (2012-06-11)
- Fixed Editing of SCX and VCX from within GoFish so it will open to the correct method and object.
(This bug only affected non-Thor users)
Build 4.3.011 (2012-06-03)
- Filter Form: Added support for wildcards (* and ?) and the Not operator (!) in string match fields.
- Added option for confirming "Whole Word" search if it is marked when starting a new search.
- Added option for clearing the 'Apply Filter' checkbox with each new search
- Added option to specify number of MRU entries to display in Scope/Search Expression dropdowns.
- Fixed Report so that it will correctly use the same filter that is in place on the main grid.
Build 4.3.002 (2012-05-07)
- Added new Search Mode: Uses wildcard matching (uses the FoxPro LIKE() function)
- Added radio buttons on Advanced form to select Search Mode
- Restored match word highlighting in Html code view
- Enhanced File Template filter to accept '?' in filename or ext.
- Fixed some other misc html code rendering things.
- Fixed issue where Browser Zoom factor can get corrupted.
- Big-A and Little-A buttons will now be hidden when Html code browser panel is collapsed.
- Enhanced PropNvl() function to return default value if data type of stored value is does not match default value data type
- Added initial code to prepare for support of Google Chrome Frame to render html view.
Build 4.2.068 (2012-03-30)
- Fixed bug when double-clicking to view a match from a dbf (Browse is called)
(Fixed in TreeView and in Grid)
Build 4.2.067 (2012-03-29)
- Fixed searching so it will find matches in the .h include filename in SCX forms
- Can now be compiled to a free-standing .exe for use outside of VFP IDE
- Adjusted some label captions on main and Advanced form
Build 4.2.066 (2012-02-24)
- Added necessary file extensions to backup DBCs and Labels during Replace
Build 4.2.065 (2012-02-21)
- Fixed Search Scope to work with UNC paths i.e. \\server_name\folder_name
Build 4.2.064 (2012-02-21)
- Fixed Search Scope to work with mapped drive letters
Build 4.2.063 (2012-02-21)
- Fixed SetScope() method to properly allow Search Scope to be set from an external call
Build 4.2.062 (2012-02-20)
- Fixed Search Scope History combo to remember and between sessions
Build 4.2.061 (2012-02-14)
- Fixed bug in Search Scope combo when choosing or
- Added <Include File> to the list of MatchTypes that can be replaced
Build 4.2.060 (2012-02-10)
- Fixed Search Scope combo to better handle clicking, editing, pasting
- Added Try/Catch SearchInTable() method to guard against corrupt dbf/fpt files
Build 4.2.059 (2012-02-08)
- You can now click to set focus into the Search Scope combo box
Build 4.2.057 (2012-02-02)
- Set AllowOutput = .f. on main GoFish for to prevent from appearing in form.
- Added .Category setting to Thor_Tool_GoFish.prg to work with Thor 1.20 'Thor Tools' menu
Build 4.2.056 (2012-02-02)
- Bug fixed in constructing Replace line text
Build 4.2.055 (2012-02-01)
- Public release - See notes for 4.2.054 and 4.2.052
- Corrected error message that is displayed when RegEx expression fails.
4.2.052 (Build date: 2012-01-25)
- Added support to Browse a dbf when you double click a row in the grid. [GF_PEME_BaseTools.EditSourceX()]
- Added "Data" node to the TreeView to host matches from DBF tables.
- Fixed Progress Bar UI control so the meter bar would not expand beyond themframe.
- Added Up Arrow image to Project so it will build into the .app file.
4.2.050 (Released 2012-01-23)
- First public release of 4.2
4.2.049 (Released 2011-12-30)
- Added an Option property to allow user to select how many rows appear in history dropdowns
- Corrections to ObjectName values for certain objects within container classes.
4.2.040 (Released 2011-12-30)
- New "Property Selector" now works with <Property Def> matches too.
4.2.039 (Released 2011-12-30)
- Fixed to work better with new object/property selector feature from PEME.
- Fixed up the ObjectName values in the grid for objects in classes, to make them more complete.
4.2.038 (released 2011-12-29)
- Fixed bug in directoy Scope handling of Advancef Form. Issue was that the trailing '\' needed to be removed.
- Main form now manages setting _VFP.AutoYield = .T., and restoring original value in Deactive() event. (Per Ian Simcock)
4.2.037 (released 2011-12-28)
- Removed delay from GFSE.EditFromCurrentRow(). JRN will handle getting PEME synced up with object, so we need not add a delay here.
4.2.036 (released 2011-12-28)
- Fixed issue with dismissing the Advanced form when it is launched at start up
- Added code to GFSE.EditFromCurrentRow() to select object or property in PEME.
Build 4.2.034 (released 2011-12-20)
- Fixed bugs in Search Expresion History combo to always move selected entry to top of the list
- Fixed several bugs in Search Scope History combo
- Revised handling of Search Expression dropdown. (No longer uses Keyboard command)
Build 4.2.025 (released 2011-12-17)
- Added help dialog box for File template on Advanced form
- Renamed Advanced form from gofish_search to gofish_advanced (internal changes only)
Build 4.2.024 (released 2011-12-16)
- Fixed wildcard handling on File template filter on the Advanced form.
Build 4.2.023 (released 2011-12-16)
- Searches now process files in the Other Files area of a Project, excluding graphics.
Build 4.2.022 (released 2011-12-16)
Added support for Files To Skip during a search
- You can create a file that contains filenames to skip during a search
- You can activate/deactivate Skip Files mode with a checkbox on the Advanced form
Build 4.2.017 (released 2011-12-15)
- There have been some nice changes to the layout and behavior of the Search Scope combo.
- It does a better job of remembering your selection when closing GoFish, and the new layout separates recent Projects from recent Folders.
- There is also an icon beside the Search Scope combo to indicate PJX vs. Folder
Version 4.2 (released 2011-12-14)
- In addition to many UI changes, this release of GoFish includes a new Advanced Replace feature where you can call a UDF to edit the matched line(s) from the search results grid. (Credit for this idea goes to Jim Nelson)
- Revised GF_PEME_BASETEOOLS to call EditSourceX from PEME IDE Tools, if Thor is present. (This allows files to be checked out from source control using the PEME IDE Tools method.)
- Revised the minimum value for Replace Risk Level from 0 to 1.
- A few bugs fixed relative to new UI controls.
- Modified to all GoFish to be used in multiple VFP sessions.
(No functional changes, just some code cleanup)
- Renamed some UI glasses to add the "gf_" prefix to help cut down on conflicts.
- Revised Thor information on Options->Thor page