Commits

Author Commit Message Labels Comments Date
Bob Farrell
Sizing of autocomplete window yet again fixed! I hate this kind of stuff; I'm pretty bad at it. But I think I've made it more stable now. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
PYTHONSTARTUP actually works now. I didn't have a chance to test the code I put in before committing but I gave it a test run now, it seems to work fine. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
close() also implemented for same hacky fix as flush() The logging module tries to call both these methods, so I'm sure other modules do as well. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
I cited the scapy module as being the cause of a problem, it wasn't. It was actually a problem in the logging module. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
PYTHONSTARTUP variable is no longer ignored Olivier Grisel pointed out that bpython ignores the PYTHONSTARTUP variable. I never used it but the code was simple enough, cited here: http://docs.python.org/tut/node4.html#startup It's not much code at all, but let me know if it breaks anything (I don't see why it should). committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
scapy expecting file-like methods that don't exist scapy seems to have a bug in it in that it expects stdout to have a flush() method, which is not specified in the documentation for the sys module (it specifies that it requires only a write() method to be acceptable). So this is a hack to fix it, it's harmless though. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Escape key handling fix Ben Ford pointed out that the escape key can cause things to go a little awry, I've fixed that and added another fix for potential breakage that hadn't come up before. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
No more crashing on stupidly long entries in the autocomplete list Thanks to habnabit for using lame modules that uncovered this one. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Just a changelog update, nothing important. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
I've finally managed to fix up the list drawing stuff. If it isn't actually fixed in this release then it will be soon as I have (hopefully) done it in a much more intelligent way than it was before. I haven't tested it thoroughly yet (no matter how hard I try there always seems to be one that gets away every time) so I'll just use it as it is and cross my fingers. :-) committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Really long members (haha) were causing trouble for completion, thanks habnabit. The completion suggestions would cause a crash if one of them was too long, this is now fixed. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Words needed an extra space between them so they don't squish together Sorry about that. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Added a little optimisation to the new algo Not really going to make a huge difference but it wasn't exactly a great deal of work. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Finally! The suggestions window works without breaking. I actually sat down and did maths, and it worked! Whoosh. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
dksaldasd committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Whoops, DEBUG() calls left lying about again... committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Entities with huge numbers of attributes were causing big problems Thanks to Aaron Gallagher (habnabit) for pointing this one out. The code had been bugging me for a while with its potential for huge inefficiency, the way it works now should be much, much faster. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
expanduser more correct Now it checks if fn.startswith('~'), rather than checking if there's a ~ in the string at all. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Tab stuff is much better now. I added a thing so you can hit C-Backspace to go to the beginning of the line, and then I figured I should actually handle tabs properly, so that's what it does now. Hooray. I think it might break on other computers, oh well, too late now. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
... and forgot to update the version number for setup.py ... committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Forgot the CHANGELOG... committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Improved the autoindent stuff The autoindent should work now with multiple levels of indenting. e.g.: def foo(): def bar(): def baz(): print "hi" print "ho" committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
os.path.expanduser() fixed Thanks to Klaus Alexander Seis for the patch for this one. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Auto-indent added It was pretty trivial (it just autoindents if a line ends with a colon or if the previous line was indented). committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Whoops, I'd left a DEBUG() call in there. Sorry about that. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Tab completion suggestions no longer have pointless repetition The suggestions for, e.g. foo.bar. would include "foo.bar." in every suggestion, and it seemed like a pretty pointless waste of space, especially for a curses app. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Class __init__ spec lookup fixed on classes with no __init__ The AttributeError wasn't being caught on the lookup, which is now fixed. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
Bob Farrell
Whoosh, I've switched over to an installable package. Pascal Bleser was kind enough to package bpython for OpenSUSE and sent me a patch to have it working with distutils, which is always nice, so thanks a lot for that, here's the new dir structure. committer: Bob Farrell <bob@keys.(none)>
  1. Prev
  2. Next