-* files with multi-byte chars and ast.parse()
* custom restructuring wildcard patterns and replacements
-* line-endings and offsets
* not reimporting back imports after moving
* importing compressed objectdb/history data?
* not applying all commenting mechanisms always in codeassist
extractor = ExtractVariable(myproject, resource, start, end)
Where `start` and `end` are the offsets of the region to extract in
+resource. Be careful when calculating the offsets. Dos line-endings
+and multi-byte characters are considered to be only one character.
+This is actually easier for IDEs, since most GUI libraries do that
+when calculating offsets.
Next we need to perform the refactoring. IDE's usually pop up a
dialog for letting the user configure refactoring option like the name
def __init__(self, pycore, source_code,
- if isinstance(source_code, unicode):
- source_code = source_code.encode('utf-8')
self.source_code = source_code
ast_node = ast.parse(source_code.rstrip(' \t'))