To install django-rest-framework in a virtualenv environment
hg clone https://email@example.com/tomchristie/django-rest-framework cd django-rest-framework/ virtualenv --no-site-packages --distribute --python=python2.6 env source ./env/bin/activate pip install -r requirements.txt # django, coverage
To run the tests
export PYTHONPATH=. # Ensure djangorestframework is on the PYTHONPATH python djangorestframework/runtests/runtests.py
To run the test coverage report
export PYTHONPATH=. # Ensure djangorestframework is on the PYTHONPATH python djangorestframework/runtests/runcoverage.py
To run the examples
pip install -r examples/requirements.txt # pygments, httplib2, markdown cd examples export PYTHONPATH=.. python manage.py syncdb python manage.py runserver
To build the documentation
pip install -r docs/requirements.txt # sphinx sphinx-build -c docs -b html -d docs/build docs html
To run the tests against the full set of supported configurations
deactivate # Ensure we are not currently running in a virtualenv tox
To create the sdist packages
python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,zip
- Fix some throttling bugs
- X-Throttle header on throttling
- Support for nesting resources on related models
- Throttling support complete
- Couple of simple bugfixes over 0.2.0
- Big refactoring changes since 0.1.0, ask on the discussion group if anything isn't clear. The public API has been massively cleaned up. Expect it to be fairly stable from here on in.
- Resource becomes decoupled into View and Resource, your views should now inherit from View, not Resource.
- The handler functions on views .get() .put() .post() etc, no longer have the content and auth args. Use self.CONTENT inside a view to access the deserialized, validated content. Use self.user inside a view to access the authenticated user.
- allowed_methods and anon_allowed_methods are now defunct. if a method is defined, it's available. The permissions attribute on a View is now used to provide generic permissions checking. Use permission classes such as FullAnonAccess, IsAuthenticated or IsUserOrIsAnonReadOnly to set the permissions.
- The authenticators class becomes authentication. Class names change to Authentication.
- The emitters class becomes renderers. Class names change to Renderers.
- ResponseException becomes ErrorResponse.
- The mixin classes have been nicely refactored, the basic mixins are now RequestMixin, ResponseMixin, AuthMixin, and ResourceMixin You can reuse these mixin classes individually without using the View class.
- Final build before pulling in all the refactoring changes for 0.2, in case anyone needs to hang on to 0.1.
- Initial release.