- # If the working copy was removed, we'll try to ping
- # the remote server for updates. But for that:
- # 1) user can't use --local-rev,
- # 2) we have to able to get the saved rev,
- # 3) VCS has to support that.
- # Otherwise, just re-raise the exception.
- if self._opts.local_rev or self.requires_workdir:
+ # If VCS requires workdir, re-raise the exception.
+ if self.requires_workdir:
- self.oldrev = self.getsavedrev()
- self.oldrev = (not self._opts.local_rev and self.getsavedrev()) or self.getrev()
+ self.oldrev = self.getsavedrev()
+ if not self.getsavedrev(): # TEMPORARY
+ raise Exception('getsavedrev() failed to return a revision')
cmd = self.getupdatecmd()