<!-- -*- markdown -*- -->
# LiveStream 0.0.1
A Django project using gevent and long polling to deliver a live stream of
arbitrary events. This is only a prototype and has not been battle-tested in
any way, shape, or form. I've included two very simple applications (startstop
and winlosedraw) to demonstrate how to integrate this app with other apps you
* Django (developed on 1.2)
* Copy the livestream folder into your Django project and add it to your
INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py.
* Run syncdb.
* Add a livestream folder on one of your template paths in settings.py.
* Register the models you want to be notified of when they are created (check
out startstop.models for an example).
* For each of the models that you registered, create a template with the name
"stream_item_<model name here>.html" in the livestream folder(s) that you
* Create your views. Use the StreamPoll class for asynchronous calls.
* Execute run.py to start the gevent WSGI server.