Here you will find some questions and answers
- What about JOINs (known from SQL databases) ?
- You can write database function. Please see :ref:`join_like1`. Just remember CodernityDB is not relational database.
- Will it work on Jython ?
- On 2.5 no, on 2.7 it should but currently it will not because of bug in Jython IO implementation. But currently Jython 2.7 is in alpha stage, so it will change in future.
- How fast is CodernityDB ?
- It's pretty fast. It can be said that you can insert even more than 55 000 records to Hash Index every second (see :ref:`speed` for more details)
- Can I add index to existing DB ?
- Yes you can, but you will need to reindex that index to have in it data that were in database already before you add that index. (see :ref:`database_indexes` for details)
- Why Python 3 is not supported ?
- Python 3 introduced many incompatible changes. In case of CodernityDB having working version for 2.x and 3.x series in the same codebase without ugly hacks (big monkey-patching etc) is almost impossible. If you're interested Python 3 version of CodernityDB contact us. Porting CodernityDB to Python 3.x is not hard. Python 3.x support in fact was never needed. That's why there is no support for it (yet?).
- I want to contribute, what can I do?
- Just fork and create pull request |bitbucket_link|.
- I found a bug, where can I report it?
- Please report it on Bitbucket bugtracker in our repo |bitbucket_link|.
- I want to have a bit customized CodernityDB
- No problem, just contact us to get more details about that.